IPCC, International Permaculture Convergence Council
Idea & Development
The IPCC (International Permaculture Convergence Council) was founded by the IPC-Support Group, which was created at the IPC in Motovun, Croatia, Europe in 2005.
Idea and development of the IPCC emerged from an intensive work period between the IPC in Cuba and the IPC in the UK (2013-2015) done by the FIPC (Friends of International Permaculture Convergences).
The IPCC was confirmed in September 2015, at the IPC-Convergence in the UK.
- Aims for stability, consistency, quality and progression of the IPC’s development as important worldwide permaculture gatherings.
- The International Convergences use different forms and formats, will have different focuses and will cover different needs, which might change and adapt over time.
- The International Convergences will facilitate actions, discussions, workshops, and demonstrations according the core permaculture ethics: earth care, people care and fair share
- 20 worldwide members (Permaculturists):
- Are responsible for regional and supraregional networking and information about the iPC’s
- Work together as the IPC-Council
- Two coordinators out of these members were chosen at the IPC-UK 2015
- The former IPC-host directors operate as advisors.
- The IPCC cooperates with the FIPC (Friends of International Permaculture Convergences) on different topics.
Coordinators & members per Region
|Coordinators since September 2015:|
|John Nzira||South Africa|
|Current IPCC members in alphabetical order:|
|Trish Allen||New Zealand|
|Pavlo Ardanov||Ukraine, Europe|
|Xavier Bruzaud Grille||Thailand, Southeast Asia|
|Monica Ibacache||USA, North America|
|Annaïk Le Net||France|
|Ayouba M Kamara||Liberia, West Africa|
|Tierra Martinez||Argentina, South America|
|Rim Mathluti||Tunisia (Africa)|
|Dorian Simon Meslet||France|
|Stuart Richard Muir Wilson||Australia|
|Nicholas Mutuku Syano||Kenya (Africa)|
|Wesley Rowe||USA, North America|
|Rodolfo Sandoval||Venezuela, South America|
Duties & Tasks of the IPC-Council
1. Preserve and deliver the IPC´s history Create and monitor an IPCC-Master website that:
- includes the IPC´s archives
- contains former hosts´ knowledge
- collects and delivers information about past and ongoing IPC’s as well as important links.
2. Support and advice for hosts
- Promotion for the IPC, especially in our local regions
- Providing knowledge of former hosts
- Being a discussion partner for organizational questions
- Advocating the needs of the participants
- Gather feedback after the event
The organization of the IPC is always up to the hosts. The IPCC is not responsible for organization nor fundraising of such an event. The IPCC is supporting the host to fulfill the minimum requirement to host an IPC such as having a National Convergence after the election, having a PDC right before the event, providing a tour of local projects before and/or after the event.
3. Feedback & Cooperation
Feedback to and cooperation with FIPC (Friends of International Permaculture Convergence). The Friends of the International Permaculture Convergence (FIPC) is a non-profit organization working to support the conveners of the individual International Permaculture Convergence (IPC) event held around the globe every 2 to 3 years. FIPC’s specific mission is to augment the funds needed for convening the IPC’s. Special focus is on scholarship funding for worldwide delegates who want to attend.
4. Selection of the IPC-host
Selection of the IPC-host four to six years in advance. An application form for interested host countries will be provided at the IPCC Homepage.
5. Promotion & crowdfunding
Promote crowdfunding campaigns for scholarships for delegates from developing countries.
6. Selection of Scholarships
For delegates from developing countries together with funders, the FIPC and host. Working with the applications, being in contact with the applicants.
7. Report and election of the hosts
Report to the General Assembly of the IPC participants at the present IPC’s (at the Convergence) about the IPC-news in between the IPC’s. While the IPC is running, all the Convergence participants are invited to the presentations of the further host candidates. Voting is done by IPCC-members only.
8. Interval Decision
Decision about the interval between IPC’s in the future – together with the advisors (previous IPC-Host Directors) and the FIPC.
In our local regions, as well as supra-regional.
10. Further Tasks
Further tasks in several groups within the IPCC.
Contact address: council [at] internationalpermacultureconvergence.org